- 5 cups of water or vegetables stock (enhances nutrients)
- 1 and half cups chopped broccoli
- 1 small onion, cut really fine
- Half sweet potato, cubed; adds great texture to the soup and makes for sweetness
- 1 and half cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoon miso-always use a lighter miso for childer a darker versions have stronger taste
- use some steamed broccoli florets, chopped into small pieces, for garnishing.
- Add broccoli, sweet potato and onion to the water/ vegetables stock and bring to a boil (or pressure-cook).
- Cover and simmer for ten minutes
- After vegetables are tender, cool the liquid and use a hand blender to mix in the brown rice. This is an especially good technique to camouflage the brown rice for children and get ii into their diet.
- Mix 1-2 tablespoon of miso in the soup (by mixing separately in a cup and adding to soup)
- garnish with broccoli
Note- You can use celery or lettuce instead of broccoli